- A saddle pad that provides superior protection under any saddle whether dressage, jumping, piaffing, or trail riding
- Styles – All Purpose and Dressage
- Sizes – All Purpose Pad: Large (for use with saddle seats of 18″ or more) and Medium (for use with saddle seats of 17.5″ or less)
- Sizes – Dressage Pad: Large (for use with saddle seats of 17.5″ or more) and Medium (for use with saddle seats of 17″ or less)
- Colors: Black and White (See Note below)
- Made in Germany
- Designed by Peter Menet to be used over a lightweight pad
- Excellent for horses that are hollow behind the shoulders
- Spine-free pad design with anatomically correct topline eliminates pinching, rubbing, and pressure over the horse’s spine
- Cotton quilting with sheepskin panels and front collar (See Note below)
- 100% natural sheepskin promotes heat dissemination and breathability
- Inner core made from POLY-FLEX® material that absorbs energy and eliminates bounce, allows full airflow, and will not rot, get lumpy, or lose firmness even with multiple washings
- Extra long Velcro billet keepers
Note: For more colors and sheepskin options, see the Mattes Build Your Own Half Pad With or Without Correction System product.
Important Care Instructions for Mattes Sheepskin Products
All parts of sheepskin products that are exposed to the horse’s sweat during use need special care. After riding, place your Mattes pad wool side up. When the pad is dry, before the next ride, brush the wool with a horse brush to remove horsehair, dried sweat, and dirt residue. This assures the full function of the pad, saves you a lot of washing, and prolongs the life of the pad.
Washing: Hand or machine wash the pad in cold water on the gentle setting using MELP® detergent exclusively and plenty of water. Be advised that use of any other cleaning product may severely damage the sheepskin. DO NOT USE CHLORINE BLEACH. Rinse the pad well. Then squeeze out excess water. Do not wring.
Drying: Lay flat to dry. Do not expose to sun or dry with heat.