- A saddle pad with a contour shape, sheepskin panels with bare flaps, and shorter pile sheepskin trim around the saddle’s edge
- Sizes: 16.5, 17, 17.5, 18
- Colors: White only
- Made in Germany
- Elegant cotton quilting
- Spine-free pad design with anatomically correct topline eliminates pinching, rubbing, and pressure over the horse’s spine
- 100% natural sheepskin promotes heat dissemination and breathability
- Velcro billets
- Inner core made from POLY-FLEX® material that absorbs energy and eliminates bounce, allows full airflow, and will not rot, get lumpy, or lose firmness even with multiple washings
Important Care Instructions for Mattes Sheepskin Products
All parts of sheepskin products that are exposed to the horse’s sweat during use need special care. After riding, place your Mattes pad wool side up. When the pad is dry, before the next ride, brush the wool with a horse brush to remove horsehair, dried sweat, and dirt residue. This assures the full function of the pad, saves you a lot of washing, and prolongs the life of the pad.
Washing: Hand or machine wash the pad in cold water on the gentle setting using MELP® detergent exclusively and plenty of water. Be advised that use of any other cleaning product may severely damage the sheepskin. DO NOT USE CHLORINE BLEACH. Rinse the pad well. Then squeeze out excess water. Do not wring.
Drying: Lay flat to dry. Do not expose to sun or dry with heat.