Voted #1 by Horse Journal
- “Shimmable” saddle pad ideally suited for a horse that is either out of shape or returning from an injury, where incremental correction is needed as the horse returns to its competitive or recreational form. Also may be used for a one-sided horse or as a variable rear or front riser* (see below)
- Styles – All Purpose and Dressage
- Sizes – All Purpose Pad: Large (for use with saddle seats of 18″ or more) and Medium (for use with saddle seats of 17.5″ or less)
- Sizes – Dressage Pad: Large (for use with saddle seats of 17.5″ or more) and Medium (for use with saddle seats of 17″ or less)
- Colors: Black and White (See Note below)
- Made in Germany
- Spine-free pad design with anatomically correct topline eliminates pinching, rubbing, and pressure over the horse’s spine
- Cotton quilting with sheepskin panels and front collar (See Note below)
- Pockets for shims (4 front and 4 rear shims included)
- 100% natural sheepskin promotes heat dissemination and breathability
- Inner core and shims made from POLY-FLEX® material that absorbs energy and eliminates bounce, allows full airflow, and will not rot, get lumpy, or lose firmness even with multiple washings
- Please note: We currently may not have all size/color combinations in stock. If we are unable to fulfill your order in a timely manner, we will notify you as soon as possible by email.
*It is important to stress that the correction pad is not intended to make an ill-fitting saddle fit properly. It is designed to add balance to a well-fitted saddle during times when temporary correction is needed due to a horse’s injury, layoff, or intense training regime.
Note: For more colors and sheepskin options, see the Mattes Build Your Own Half Pad With or Without Correction System product.
Important Care Instructions for Mattes Sheepskin Products
All parts of sheepskin products that are exposed to the horse’s sweat during use need special care. After riding, place your Mattes pad wool side up. When the pad is dry, before the next ride, brush the wool with a horse brush to remove horsehair, dried sweat, and dirt residue. This assures the full function of the pad, saves you a lot of washing, and prolongs the life of the pad.
Washing: Hand or machine wash the pad in cold water on the gentle setting using MELP® detergent exclusively and plenty of water. Be advised that use of any other cleaning product may severely damage the sheepskin. DO NOT USE CHLORINE BLEACH. Rinse the pad well. Then squeeze out excess water. Do not wring.
Drying: Lay flat to dry. Do not expose to sun or dry with heat.