Mattes saddle pads are known worldwide for their quality and design innovations. The Mattes CORRECTION®-SYSTEM was rated the #1 therapeutic pad on the equine market by the Horse Journal.
Now you can “build your own” Mattes EuroFit Pad with Correction System by selecting elements such as style, size, quilt color, binding, piping, sheepskin location and color. Start with the quilt pad, make your selections*, and see the results as you go. To begin, click the “Build your own” button to the right of the photo above.
- A “shimmable” saddle pad ideally suited for a horse that is either out of shape or returning from an injury, where incremental correction is needed as the horse returns to its competitive or recreational form. Also may be used for a one-sided horse or as a variable rear or front riser.
- The correction pad is NOT intended to make an ill-fitting saddle fit properly. It is designed to add balance to a well-fitted saddle during times when temporary correction is needed
- Anatomically correct topline allows for a perfect fit under the saddle
- Designed without seams in the saddle area to prevent pressure points and chafing
- Patented SPINE FREE® Design ensures horse’s spine is not in contact with seams or fabric
- Quilted heavy cotton top
- Pockets for 5mm thick POLY-FLEX® shims (6 front and 6 rear shims included).
- Shims are designed to be layered and are easily trimmed with scissors to taper the ends and create a pressure free fit if multiple shims are necessary.
- Flaps quilted with layer of POLY-FLEX absorb energy and eliminate bounce
- High-density, genuine Suffolk/merino sheepskin molds perfectly to horse’s back, eliminates friction, allows air circulation and ventilation, and provides superior padding and pressure distribution
- Additional cost for optional piping and sheepskin
- Made in Germany
- All Build Your Own Pads are special order and may not be returned for exchange or refund.
- Allow at least 8 to 10 weeks for delivery
- Care Instructions – Hand or machine wash in cold water on the gentle setting using MELP® detergent only. Gently pull into shape. Lay flat to dry. Do not expose to sun or dry with heat. Do not use chlorine bleach.
*NOTE: Mattes does not recommend dark colored sheepskin with light colored quilt. The colors you see online may vary from the finished product because different monitors display colors differently.