Please Note: DEADLINE to order in time for Christmas is OCTOBER 21.
Mattes saddle pads are known worldwide for their quality and design innovations. The Mattes CORRECTION®-SYSTEM was rated the #1 therapeutic pad on the equine market by the Horse Journal.
Now you can “build your own” Mattes Half Pad with or without the CORRECTION-SYSTEM by selecting elements such as style, size, quilt color, binding, sheepskin location and color. Start with the quilt pad, make your selections*, and see the results as you go. To begin, click the “Build your own” button to the right of the photo above.
- Patented SPINE FREE® Design with anatomically correct topline eliminates pinching, rubbing, and pressure over the horse’s spine
- Quilted heavy cotton top
- Flaps quilted with layer of POLY-FLEX® absorb energy, eliminate bounce, allow airflow, and will not rot, get lumpy, or lose firmness even with multiple washings
- If CORRECTION SYSTEM is added, the half pad has pockets for 5mm thick POLY-FLEX shims (6 front and 6 rear shims included)
- Shims are designed to be layered and are easily trimmed with scissors to taper the ends and create a pressure free fit if multiple shims are necessary.
- The “shimmable” correction pad provides superior protection under any saddle whether dressage, jumping, piaffing, or trail riding and is excellent for horses that are hollow behind the shoulders.
- 100% natural sheepskin promotes heat dissemination and breathability
- Additional cost for optional piping, CORRECTION-SYSTEM, and sheepskin
- Made in Germany
- All Build Your Own Pads are special order and may not be returned for exchange or refund.
- Allow at least 8 to 10 weeks for delivery
- Care Instructions – Hand or machine wash in cold water on the gentle setting using MELP® detergent only. Gently pull into shape. Lay flat to dry. Do not expose to sun or dry with heat. Do not use chlorine bleach.
*NOTE: Mattes does not recommend dark colored sheepskin with light colored quilt. The colors you see online may vary from the finished product because different monitors display colors differently.