INTERESTED IN A TRIAL? CALL US AT 941-377-2768.
- Made in Italy
- Seat Sizes: 17″, 17.5″, and 18″
- Tree Sizes: NM, M, MW, and W
- Colors: Black and Brown
- Built on superior French laminated Beech wood tree
- Soft, supple Pinerolo calfskin leather
- Deep seat with rounded cantle
- Anatomically-shaped knee rolls
- Independent Swiss panels adapt themselves to the shape of the horse
- Flocked with a mix of synthetic wool fibers
- Standard length flaps are 16″ from stirrup bar to bottom edge of flap
- Long billets with 3 point strap system to securely anchor saddle
- Medium twist is slightly wider and less steep than Amerigo Deep Dressage
- Design by Peter Menet places rider farther back from pommel than Amerigo Deep Dressage with a longer flat spot to allow rider more hip room
- Tree design is best suited for horse with longer wither and flatter back or slightly rising topline
- Special order options: This saddle may be ordered with cowhide (rather than calfksin) leather for $5,500.00. As with all Amerigo saddles, the Cortina Dressage may be ordered with custom options for flaps, tree width, panel density, and more. Please contact us for more information.
Peter Menet’s first priority as a saddle designer is to create saddles that allow horses to move freely. He accomplishes this by creating saddles that place the weight of the rider further forward than saddles of other manufacturers. Moving the weight forward minimizes strain on the horse’s back.
The unique seat profile of Amerigo saddles places your hips in the same position as they would be if you were standing in a balanced position on the ground. You are sitting in a relaxed, balanced way with gravity working in your favor without having to use force to hold your position.
While Menet’s design philosophy puts the horse first, it by no means ignores the rider. For Menet, fitting the saddle to horse and rider are inseparable – almost literally the two sides of a coin. “If the horse is comfortable and his movement is unhindered, he is able to perform to the best of his ability.” Peter Menet, June 2002
Amerigo saddles and accessories are made with the highest quality, naturally tanned leathers. Some leather care products on the market may not be suitable for use on this type of leather and could be damaging. Amerigo recommends the use of Amerigo’s own leather care products which have been specially formulated for use on Amerigo’s own leather. Amerigo saddles should be routinely cleaned with Amerigo Soft Clean Soap, with the periodic use of Amerigo Soft Balm Conditioner when required.
Amerigo offers a 5 year guarantee against manufacturer defects on their saddle trees and 2 years on their leather.