INTERESTED IN A TRIAL? CALL US AT 941-377-2768.
- Made in Italy
- Seat Sizes: 16″, 17″, and 18″
- Tree Sizes: N, M, MW, and W
- Color: Brown and Oakbark
- Polymide tree with tempered steel headplate for controlled flexibility
- Soft, supple Italian calfskin leather provides extra grip with a “broken in” feel
- Monoflap design brings the rider closer to the horse with a close contact feel
- Redesigned flaps have a soft padded layer for additional comfort, grip, and security
- Bottom of the flap is reinforced with cowhide for added durability
- Extended forward flaps accommodate the more forward leg position desired by competitive riders
- Supportive, anatomically designed knee and thigh blocks
- Independent, non-gusseted panels* stuffed with a mix of synthetic fibers**
- Two long billets
- Designed by Peter Menet
- Special order options: Extra-Wide tree; Newmarket color; Short, Long, or Extra Long flaps.
- The Vega Jump saddle also is available with straighter, dual flaps rather than extended forward monoflaps. It may be ordered with printed cowhide (rather than Italian calfskin leather) with dual flaps for $4,100.00. Please contact us for more information or to order special options.
* “Independent, non-gusseted panels are made up of two individual parts, which are not attached to one another. There are no gussets, and the panels are not stitched onto the saddle as with other panel types. When in use, they contour perfectly to the shape of the horse as the form is not restricted by the use of gussets or stitching.” Peter Menet, Saddle Designer
** “The stuffing material used inside the panels is a mix of synthetic fibers. This mixture does not concentrate into lumps, so that there is no pressure on the horse, and the shape is kept more precisely. An independent, stuffed panel system becomes better with use. There is no need to have the saddles re-stuffed as a matter of routine. The panels can be altered along their complete length to ensure continuing good fit should the horse change in shape.” Peter Menet, Saddle Designer
In 2005, Peter Menet extended his unique design philosophy, which positions the rider forward over the horse’s center of gravity and allows the horse to move more freely, to an all-new Italian saddle – the Vega.
The Vega combines proven design principles, quality materials and workmanship, with affordability. According to Menet, “the Vega quite simply fits your horse and your wallet.”