INTERESTED IN A TRIAL? CALL US AT 941-377-2768.
- Made in Italy
- Seat Sizes: 17″, 17.5″, and 18″ (see NOTE below)
- Tree Sizes: NM, M, MW, and W
- Colors: Black and Brown
- Built on laminated French birchwood spring tree
- Soft, supple Pinerolo calfskin leather
- Independent Swiss panels, which adapt themselves to the shape of the horse
- Flocked with a mixture of synthetic wool fibers
- Decorative stitched, double hide covered 16″ standard-length flaps (measured from stirrup bar to bottom edge of flap)
- Long billets with 3-point strap system to securely anchor saddle
- Designed by Peter Menet
- Tree design is best suited for horses with higher croup which tends to cause saddles to slide forward
- Special order options: This saddle may be ordered with cowhide (rather than Pinerolo calfskin) leather for $6,600.00. As with all Amerigo saddles, the Alto Dressage may be ordered with custom options for flaps, tree width, panel density, and more. Please contact us for more information.
NOTE: The Alto’s standard panel is softer and has less volume than the panels on other Amerigo saddles.
Peter Menet’s first priority as a saddle designer is to create saddles that allow horses to move freely, with the weight of the rider placed as far forward as possible to minimize strain on the horse’s back. The unique seat profile of the Amerigo saddle places your hips in the same position as they would be if you were standing in a balanced position on the ground. You are sitting in a relaxed, balanced way with gravity working in your favor without having to use force to hold your position.
While Menet’s design philosophy puts the horse first, it by no means ignores the rider. For Menet, fitting the saddle to horse and rider are inseparable – almost literally the two sides of a coin. “If the horse is comfortable and his movement is unhindered, he is able to perform to the best of his ability.” Peter Menet, June 2002
Amerigo saddles and accessories are made with the highest quality, naturally tanned leathers. Some leather care products on the market may not be suitable for use on this type of leather and could be damaging. Amerigo recommends the use of Amerigo’s own leather care products which have been specially formulated for use on Amerigo’s own leather. Amerigo saddles should be routinely cleaned with Amerigo Soft Clean soap, with the periodic use of Amerigo Soft Balm leather conditioner when required.
Amerigo offers a 5 year guarantee against manufacturer defects on their saddle trees and 2 years on their leather.