INTERESTED IN A TRIAL? CALL US AT 941-377-2768.
- Made in Italy
- Also known as Amerigo Deep Dressage
- Seat Sizes: 17″, 17.5″, and 18″
- Tree Sizes: NM, M, MW, and W
- Colors: Black and Brown
- Designed by Peter Menet with Equipe-LaBelle
- Built on superior French wood tree
- Soft, supple Pinerolo calfskin leather
- Deep seat with standard round cantle
- Anatomically-shaped kneerolls
- Wool flocked panels
- Long, V-shaped billet system
- Special order options: This saddle may be ordered with cowhide (rather than calfskin) leather for $6,500.00. As with all Amerigo saddles, the Classic Dressage may be ordered with custom options for flaps, tree width, panel density, and more. Please contact us for more information.
Peter Menet’s first priority as a saddle designer is to create saddles that allow horses to move freely, with the weight of the rider placed as far forward as possible to minimize strain on the horse’s back. The unique seat profile of the Amerigo places your hips in the same position as they would be if you were standing in a balanced position on the ground. You are sitting in a relaxed, balanced way with gravity working in your favor without having to use force to hold your position.
Menet has concluded that correct saddle fit is based on five main criteria:
- Optimum placement on the horses back to bear the rider’s weight
- Saddle fitting flatly on the weight bearing surface
- Gusset width
- Movement and uniformity of panel
- Vertical tree point
While Menet’s design philosophy puts the horse first, it by no means ignores the rider. For Menet, fitting the saddle to horse and rider are inseparable – almost literally the two sides of a coin.
“If the horse is comfortable and his movement is unhindered, he is able to perform to the best of his ability.” Peter Menet, June 2002
Amerigo saddles and accessories are made with the highest quality, naturally tanned leathers. Some leather care products on the market may not be suitable for use on this type of leather and could be damaging. Amerigo recommends the use of Amerigo’s own leather care products which have been specially formulated for use on Amerigo’s own leather. Amerigo saddles should be routinely cleaned with Amerigo Soft Clean Soap, with the periodic use of Amerigo Soft Balm Conditioner when required.
Amerigo offers a 5 year guarantee against manufacturer defects on their saddle trees and 2 years on their leather.